Tuesday, June 8, 2010

7 Palms juried into Savage Arts Council 2010 Juried Arts Competition

The Savage (MN) Arts Council jury has accepted 7 Palms into its 2010 Juried Arts Competition.

7 Palms is the signature piece in my small group of "not quite botanically accurate landscapes"  which includes Up North 2 and Como Reflections

At 14"x5", 7 Palms is also one of the first nanoscapes that was bigger than a postcard.

I have been working on 14 Palms off and on for a year...







Up North 2 is 6"x6".  While my travels in Northern Minnesota are limited to Two Harbors, which is just north of Duluth, I imagine a beautiful place.  This may be an image from before the last Ice Age.











I do, however, live very close to Lake Como in St. Paul's Como Park, and I love each and every tree, rock, shrub, bird, turtle, and fish. At 4"x7", Como Reflections is from the nanoscapes' post-card era

No comments:

Post a Comment