Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fractured Glass 2: Step 3 - Color comes to the nanoscape

I always hold my breath when I put the first color on a nanoscape, and I always reach for a red.  As an enthusiastic collector of colors, I have a lot from which to choose.  While I am partial to Daniel Smith's reds, I also have Winsor Newton and Sennelier reds.  I also love to mix colors on the palette, so the dozen or so red tube colors slide toward orange, purples or yellows, mix with Daniel Smith Pearlesent White and more.

In Fractured Glass 2, I worked from left to right, color by color. At this early stage, you can see red, green and Holbein Lavender

1 comment:

  1. Michael Kleber DiggsMay 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM

    Susan - I love this. I love all insights into the creative process, but you present this so well, and your work is so beautiful. I can't wait for step 4!

    ReplyDelete