Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012: an image a day from nanoscapes & small friends

IMAGE-A- DAY
January 1, 2012 from a camera photo
of "7 Hippos Marching"
I posted an image a day to Facebook from October 2010 to September 2011, and it's time to start again.

Image-a-Day 2010-2011
Those images were thematic and either related to specific months (pumpkins for October, leaves for November, lost-left-handed gloves of January, raindrops for April, ears of corn for July, pencils for September), or joyfully random (introducing the LLLama family in May and 30 new small friends in June).

Because both nanoscapes' geometric abstractions and whimsical small friends will be part of this project, the theme for 2012 will be "surprise!"  This first image is part of a 7-hippo family portrait which will join the small friends website next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan,

    I spent some time looking at your work and really like it! It's very unique and fun. As I was thinking about what you do - in particular the city roofs, I thought I'd mention a product you might like. (Forgive me if you already know about this.)

    I work in acrylics. Golden has an acrylic product called Crackle Paste. You use a palette knife to put it on canvas or a board (not paper). As it dries, it cracks creating small shapes that can be painted like a mosaic. The Crackle Paste is very absorbent and would work well with watercolors - I use my acrylics watered down to a watercolor consistency. The thicker you apply the paste, the larger and deeper the cracks.

    Here's a link to a Golden video with more details.

    http://www.goldenpaints.com/VIDEO/library.php

    If the link doesn't work you can go to http://www.goldenpaints.com to Application then Video Library.

    If you give it a try, let me know what you think.

    Happy painting,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete